Firearms are tools, and like many tools there are specific safety rules you must always take while handling them!
The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling are:
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. This is the primary rule of gun safety.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
When on the firing range all students will be required to wear proper clothing and equipment, this include:
Proper Range Attire Includes:
- Safety Glasses and Hearing Protection (Will be provided if you do not have your own)
- Closed Toe, Flat Soled Shoes. (No Flip-Flops, Sandals, or High Heals)
- No Tank Tops or Low-Cut Shirts.
- We recommend wearing a baseball cap, especially at outdoor ranges.
When in the range or class our instructors are responsible for the safety of all students and must be obeyed at all times. We understand students are learning and will make mistakes, but if our instructors notice a complete disregard for safety, or believe you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be failed from the class. Be careful, be safe, and have fun!
* Special Note: We do not allow the use of reloaded ammo in our loaner guns.